The Food Service Assistant Manager shares responsibility for the departments' operation with the Food Service Manager and will be responsible for directing personnel and performing all the duties required to satisfy the customer.
- To greet, satisfactorily serve, and thank the customers for shopping at our store.
- To operate safely, efficiently and ensure all personnel are instructed in the proper use of all food service equipment in the store in a manner that conforms to company policy.
- To maintain a clean and sanitary work area and follow the cleaning schedule for the department which includes floors, walls, sub area, pizza area, equipment, coffee area, fountain area, and atrium area. Also, to help instruct all employees on the proper use of all chemicals.
- To maintain proper sanitation in compliance with Country Fair policies, Health Department regulations and other governmental agencies.
- To satisfactorily complete all of the company's training programs (Food Service, Sales Associate and Department of Health) and attend periodic meetings as required.
- To communicate with management any customer complaints, safety hazards, violations of laws and/or company policies.
- To maintain a neat, personal appearance by following the company dress code. (Apron, hat or visor, gloves, name tag; any authorized promotional material and a hair restraint to pull back long hair)
- To follow the necessary "build to" levels of products available for sale. To maximize sales while still maintaining company levels and goals on waste percentage.
- To make sure all products are coded, rotated and have the proper date, time, and initials. (cold foods, hot foods, roller grill items, cooler and freezer products)
- To see that any product that is out of date or aged is thrown out and accounted for on the waste sheet.
- To perform duties and assignments directed by the Food Serivce Manager and Store Management.
- To present a positive image of Country Fair to both customers and fellow associates.
- Adhere to all company policies contained in the Employee Handbook and Food Service Manual.
- To order product for the Food Service Department and post an order and delivery schedule.
- To complete any paper work required in the Food Service Program. This includes PLU reports (when necessary), waste sheets, transfers, inventory sheets, gross profit calculations and other necessary forms directed by the District Managers.
- To remain current by instructing and training personnel on the Food Service monthly specials and any changes in the Food Service Programs via emails and/or memos.
- To make sure that all POS signs are maintained in the Food Service Department and are accurate, appealing and current with proper placement.
- Food Service Assistant Department Manager is required to assist the Food Service Department Manager in achieving the budgeted GP%, sales and labor figures.
- Responsible to make sure the temperature log is done every shift the store is open.
- Be responsible to accurately complete the Food Service and deli inventories when needed and to calculate the gross profit. This should be done on a consistent basis.
- Follow described work schedule of 40 hours per week which includes a minimum of 2 - 2nd shifts and 3 - 1st shifts including a Saturday or Sunday.
- To serve the deli customer when necessary in accordance with the regulations of the company.
Software Powered by iCIMS